BAKED TOFU, SAUTEÉD GARLIC KALE & MASHED POTATOES
1 block (400 g) extra hard or super firm tofu
1 large head of kale (approximately 200 g raw)
3 cloves of garlic
Seasoning to taste
- Slice tofu (1 block = approximately 8 slices)
- Season the slices to taste: generously sprinkle olive oil, salt & pepper (as well as herbs & spices of choice for more flavor) on both sides of tofu slices
- Bake at 180° until golden brown (approximately 35 minutes), turning over slices at about 20 minutes
- Sautée the kale with garlic in olive oil & salt to taste
- Prepare the mashed potatoes, adding in vegan buttery spread or plant based margarine for a creamier mash
- Prepare the plates & serve!
Tip: A visually appealing way to prepare this dish is in careful layers with the mashed potatoes on the bottom, carefully topped by a couple slices of tofu & then the kale. For a smaller portion the tofu can serve as the bottom layer, topped by a dollop of mashed potatoes & then the kale.